ShoreTel VOIP System, Windows DHCP
June 25, 2010 1 Comment
I had to rebuild a DHCP database for a ShoreTel VOIP System Today.
And I recalled there was a step I wanted to mention again for anyone who has a similar task at hand.
When configuring your DHCP system you will need to add a custom tag to the DHCP server with specific instructions for download of configuration text files.
Option 156 I had added.1. Open DHCP Manager on your Win2k3 server.
2. Right-click the DHCP server and select pre-defined options.
3. Click Add.
4. Set Name to IP Phone Boot Server.
5. Set Data Type to String.
6. Set Code to 156 and add a description, if desired.
7. Navigate to the scope options and add option 156.
8. Each option is entered witha comma as the seperator. Example ftpservers=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx,Layer2Tagging=0,VLanID=xxx